Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dunes Radio, Amen.

Austin Psych Fest line-up posting, cont'd...



"Bedroom Drum" from Through Donkey Jaw (2011)

I'm not sure I have a grip on what kind of music Amen Dunes makes, so the blog tags are a scramble. I've seen the term "singer-songwriter" here and there - maybe that's accurate. That one kind of reminds me of Grouper even (downer-pop submerged in reverb). Quite a few Psych Fest artists from Sacred Bones Records this year.



"For All" from Through Donkey Jaw (2011)

Do I hear a little Jandek in there (exploded and recombinated folk-blues)? I just don't know. You can stream some live sets over at Live at Shea Stadium.


Amen Dunes - Diane from Thal on Vimeo.


That's from the previous Murder Dull Mind EP (2010) - I like it. And there's some kind of recent 7" release (part of a label series). But "Watching Cartoons" sounds like a Vicodin-OD Butthole Surfers tribute from a Nirvana fan influenced by Kurdt's t-shirt collection.

Of course there's an Altered Zones profile...


Amen Dunes
[pix here]

No comments: