Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Future of the Top 10

Wow, can't believe it's been two years! Of top tens...

Starting with the original post on the original plan for the original episode of the original podcast (which is still on the table), I think the Top 10 has provided a really useful framework for me. I can always write about music I love, and it's triggered a lot of springboard ideas when they've been running low.

20th Century Rocks
With the 2009 Year-End extravaganza (at least three lists planned!), 2006 in Nov., and 2005 in Dec. - that's half the current decade by year end. I've also randomized the previous four decades, to keep the historical record spinning. Going forward, for each 21st century list, I'll do at least one year each from the '90s, '80s, '70s, and maybe the '60s. Pre-Highway 61 Revisited (1965) album lists might be a little tough for me.

Depending on time constraints and quality of the particular year, I might post fully on just the #1 - or I might go for the complete set. Or I might scrap the records altogether and do something different. Top 10 films of 1963? Top 10 Grateful Dead concerts of 1979? Top 10 Oliver North quotes of 1987? The possibilities are dizzying...

I've also added a new section on the control panel sidebar to more easily organize and access the lists as they accumulate.

The Audiobelisk

No comments: