Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bros with Jonas

Remember me talking about Zombi's tape label?


Rusting Ciphers of a Forgotten Sky
Well, they've got another new cassette. This time, instead of some random unknown Balkan retiree, it is Jonas Reinhardt (#9, 2011)... & Abyss of Fathomless Light... with Rusting Ciphers of a Forgotten Sky (2012)!




Being a cassette tape, it's divided into two sides (or programs): "Program 1: Beneath the Liquid District of Amalgamation" and "Program 2: White Kingdom of the Five Year Plan." There definitely seems to be multiple sub-divisions of disruptive abstract noise within each, but I don't know what they might be called. I was going to open up the actual physical copy, but it's sewn up tight in a cool little canvas packet - so I think I'll just leave it there.

Here's some very recent live videos of the duo at Jon's abyss party in Los Angeles. I'm not claiming to understand what's going on there, though.


Ooooh, look what else I just found.


***NSFW**** "Auto Grift" Teaser for Foam Fangs 12" (2012)

Upcoming from 100% Silk... unexpectedly dancy! You can order digitally at Boomkat until the vinyl comes out later this month.

Or stream/download the title track from Dublab.

No comments: