Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Milk of Human Krautness

Maybe this month's theme is "two-post follow-up callback mini-updates." Hey, I did it with Belbury Poly [see previous post].

In reading up on what I might be missing from Caribou's new one, Swim, I realized what I was missing was his 3rd album! In review after review, The Milk of Human Kindness (2005) was referred to as heavily kraut-influenced - and you know I love krautrock!!


"A Final Warning" from The Milk of Human Kindness (2005)

Well... yeah. That's pretty definite. Hey, look at this!



"Barnowl" from The Milk of Human Kindness (2005)

It's not all Kraut-y, though. There's a little bit of the hip-hop, crime lounge, even some singer-songwriter quietude:



"Hello Hammerheads" from The Milk of Human Kindness (2005)

Ahhhh, yeah... Much better.


No comments: