Friday, November 22, 2013

Desert Sessions 09 & 10 (06, '03)

Since Queens of the Stone Age have just announced some 2014 tour dates, I guess I could re-start the 2003 countdown. These are the last two EP's of Josh Homme & associates' Desert Sessions project. PJ Harvey features prominently, and a buncha Dean Ween, plus all the regulars.

Here's both EP's in full.



"Crawl Home" from I See You Hearin' Me (2003)

As with so much that happened before the last few weeks, I don't remember this. Official Desert Sessions videos in 2003? Where did they even play?



"I Wanna Make It Wit Chu" [live] from I See You Hearin' Me (2003)

Live promotional appearances?! A few years later, this track would appear officially on a proper Queens of the Stone Age release, Era Vulgaris (2007).


Desert Sessions 9
This one's got some convoluted credits, but other than the original studio "Make It Wit Chu," Deaner appears mostly on Vol. 10: I Heart Disco, the final chapter


"In My Head... or Something" from I Heart Disco (2003)

And much like that tune, QOTSA later recycled "In My Head" for Lullabies to Paralyze (2005). There's a lot of different stuff going on all over the place... I'm just hittin' the highlights here.



"Subcutaneous Phat" from I Heart Disco (2003)

Like, see how different that one is that the previous "Creosote?" Diversity!

And yet another thing that I'd never heard of was the "Crawl Home" single, with exclusive B-sides. PJ Harvey cover: "The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore" (7")... and a Prince cover: "It" (CD). Glad I have the blog to make me learn things!

If you're into Queens of the Stone Age & the like, the rest of those people involved here are basically 'the rest of those people': Dave Catching, Twiggy Ramirez, Alain Johannes, Troy van Leeuwen, Chris Goss, Josh Freese, and Joey Castillo.

Desert Sessions 10

Genre - Hangin' out & Messin' around...
Official - desertsessions.com/
Myspace - myspace.com/desertsessions
Location - Joshua Tree, Calif.

Review - Ultimate Guitar
Download - Amazon, iTunes
Purchase - Amazon

No comments: