Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Modern Love Clouds

Liberation Through Hearing
Modern Love Records have records/sets on Soundcloud! And they include the first two of Demdike Stare's planned 2010 EP trilogy.


Demdike Stare - Forest of Evil


I got the Forest of Evil EP immediately when it was released in April. Seemed a little thin at first, but I've given it a few more listens recently, and it sounded somewhat more interesting. It is still available most places that would stock it...



Demdike Stare - Liberation Through Hearing


So when Liberation Through Healing came out earlier this month, I didn't rush to order it. I was in Las Vegas, or catching up on other things... All of a sudden, it was sold out everywhere! Anyway, I finally found a copy and received it a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'll wait until I can get the vinyl rolling.



Suum Cuique - Midden


Here's another one I've been kind of interested in, so I will check it out too! Second track's pretty cool so far.
Suum Cuique (pronouned Soom Kwi-Kwe, Latin for "To Each His Own") follows the remit of Young Americans to explore uncharted, experimental, and personal synthscapes, guided by the hand of intuition with an entirely analogue array of machines. In 'Lithic Reduction' concrète textures grind like a millstone to release powdery clouds of analog dust, settling only to be dispersed by gusts of blackened distortion, whereas 'Red Binary' is distinctly electronic, revolving around muted radar bleeps like the resonance from SAW II soundtracking a speckly pill experience that's starting to go west.

Forest of Evil

No comments: