Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

After doing all the holiday season (oct/nov/dec), I almost slipped up & forgot New Year's Eve.



I think here is literally how this year's series got started, all leading up to this one video:



"Happy New Year" by Shockabilly, from Heaven (1985)

Love that tune! And honestly a lot of Shockabilly...

I'd posted "Pile Up All Architecture " (another classic) on Facebook while on vacation, but I don't think it made it onto the blog itself - until now.



"Congratulations - A Happy New Year Song" by Pink Martini, from Joy To The World (2010)

I dunno. How about some Chinese lounge jazzfolk? A local record store owner was suggesting Pink Martini to me not that long ago. Not sure if that's my thing.



"New Year's Eve" by Tom Waits, from Bad As Me (2011)

Was trying to make it to "Auld Lang Syne," so that works out well. Final cut on the last Waits album, just last year (or 2 years ago, if you're reading this from 2013). Heard it was good, but I've not been keeping up.

Have a good one!

No comments: