Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wavering Radiant - Isis (#3, 2009)

Well, something doesn't want me finishing the Top 10 before year-end... internet breakdown, unexpected surgery, the dulling effects of painkillers. I'll see what I can do.

Isis is perfect painkiller music, or something. Often called post-metal, mainly because it's heavy and tweaks traditional song structures and imports non-metal sound textures. They've made at least a couple of really great albums, adding more ungrowly vocals and more undistorted sounds as they progressed. This album might be the culmination of both those trends, and it works!


"Hall of the Dead" [plus the rest] from Wavering Radiant (2009)

Since I'm all doped up on codeine, there's the whole album in playlist form, and I'll just find some cool videos for highlights... It looks like Isis fans have done my work for me!


"Ghost Key"


"Hand of the Host" [live in Montreal]

Title track interlude...



"Stone to Wake a Serpent"


"20 Minutes/40 Years" [official]


"Threshold of Transformation"

Ugh. Hope I have more for tomorrow, because #2 and #1 will take more effort than this!


Wavering Radiant
Official - isistheband.com/
Myspace - myspace.com/isis
Purchase - Relapse Records
iTunes - Isis

Genre - Thinking Man's Metal
Location - Los Angeles, CA
Review - Metal Sucks

No comments: