Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pure XXX Video Ecstasy

This one time, I popped into Rudyard's fairly late. And because it was so late, they let me in upstairs for free. And it turned out that I'd just missed the conclusion of Pure X's headlining set. But the soundman said they were really good.



"Surface" from Pleasure (2011)

They're from Austin, and Altered Zones was really hyping them for awhile. Google tells me there is a musical genre called "slowgaze" - I didn't bother to figure out whether it sounds like that... (But it should.)

Here's some official video for like half of "Twisted Mirror," or maybe I'm misunderstanding. Seems more like music used for backing the video...



"Heavy Air" from Pleasure (2011)

You can listen to the whole thing at AZ's SoundCloud or on YouTube (while supplies last).


band
Here's the band's website, and that one video I'd linked to before...



"Easy" from Pleasure (2011)

This must have been the only one I'd listened to, because it's more in line of what I thought their style was. But those other songs don't really do the same thing... Anyway, their album's out from Acéphale Records.

No comments: