Friday, November 9, 2012

Return to Form at Cloudland Canyon?

I must admit that I was a little disappointed in Cloudland Canyon's last album, Fin Eaves (still #30, 2010), after very much enjoying previous efforts. Also, I was sadly not blown away by their 2011 Austin Psych Fest gig, but I might have somewhat deflated during the extended synthesizer set-up delays.


First up... act fast!! Out today: post-pre-order's up for the Born Blonde single-plus at Trensmat - a "VERY limited edition pink-splatter vinyl 12" in silk-screened sleeve (+ 4 downloads)."
Like this:

Cloudland Canyon - Born Blonde (TR032) by trensmat

I might have to revisit Fin Eaves again when I get a chance, but for now, I've already received my 4-song MP3 download - and I like it so much more at this point.

But wait, there's more!!


"Aureliua" from Aureliua 12" single (2012)

You can pick up yet another recent Cloudland Canyon 12" from the Great Pop Supplement label. I found it at Aquarius Records. Okay, this isn't the same Cloudland Canyon as from 2008 or in 2007. But I am definitely on board. Looks like you can download the A-side title track from the band's SoundCloud. The physical object is "pressed in an edition of 500 copies, all on 'Sea Foam Green' vinyl no less..."

But wait, there's more of more!!



Yes. There's also a 3rd 12" out this year from Monofonus Press! (Stream the A-side at link...) So it's a trilogy of back-to-Kosmische, while retaining a dash of Italo? ¡Oye! In this last installment, we're talking "a milky white 45 rpm 12", and it’s one of three of this format that will be released by the band before the year is out. It’s a nice collection of 12" singles out on The Great Pop Supplement, Trensmat, and Monofonus. All three records were mastered by Sonic Boom" of Spacemen 3 (#5, 1987)!



What else could I possible offer you??

Krautwerk live Feat.members of Woodmsan by cloudland canyon

How about a downloadable 12-minute live jam with Woodsman (#2, 2011) on probably my favorite CC tune, from a July 2011 Daytrotter session (and/or this one)? I have literally no idea why there might be "Flaming Lips" tags on the Soundcloud there... but download it, live it, love it!

No comments: