Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Epitome

Blvt Avs Nord. French, Black Metal.

777 Sect(s)
I really loved Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars, naming it my top non-Top 10 metal album of 2009. At first, I wasn't so sure about the What Once Was... Liber I EP, but eventually pegged it at #16 overall of 2010 (which is good).



"Epitome II" from 777 Sect(s) (2011)

And now, BAN are apparently starting another trilogy of records, named 777, to go along with the What Once Was... series. Some of the sections again seem harsher and rawer, but the 2nd part (they're all named "Epitome") is more atmostpheric - and awesome.



"Epitome IV" from 777 Sect(s) (2011)

Sounds good! The production straddles that fine line between clarity and insanity.



"Epitome I" from 777 Sect(s) (2011)

Relentless...

No comments: