Saturday, June 1, 2013

FPSF V, Day 1

So we're up to the fifth annual Free Press Summer Fest, here in Houston.


I've been every year (at least a little bit)... What might I see today?



"Can I See Your Clock" by Jandek, from Six and Six (1981)

Obviously, first is Jandek (#3 Live, 2009) - mainly because they put him on so early in the day. Should be interesting what he comes up for a festival crowd. Mike Watt's playing with him, as well as some Texas jazz drummer.



"Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" by Geto Boys, from Uncut Dope (1992)

More local superstars! In addition to the obvious mainstream hits, I'm hoping they play "Mind of a Lunatic," "Fuck A War," "Chuckie," "Straight Gangterism," plenty of those nasty raps.

Why are Quad City DJ's playing at the same time?



"They Don't Know" by Paul Wall (feat. Bun B) from The Peoples Champ (2005)

I guess Saturday is for hip-hop. The People's Champ playing at the same time as Japandroids? I think I'll survive. Action Bronson also playing later. Ehh, might go see Arctic Monkeys just to mix it up.



"Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service, from Give Up (2003)

Tonight's nominal headliner reunion, but come on...



"Search and Destroy" by The Stooges, from Raw Power (1973)

Yeah, c'mon now. The Stooges (#4, 1969 and #2, 1973) are in town. Truly, that's where I'll be!

No comments: